As per Section 31(1) of FSS Act, 2006 every Food Business Operator in the country is required to be licensed under the Food Safety &Standards Authority of India. The licensing and registration procedure and requirements are regulated by Food Safety & Standards
Types of FSSAI License:
- Basic License – Annual turnover below INR.12.00 Lakhs.
- State License – Annual turnover above INR.12.00 Lakhs and below INR.20.00 Crores.
- Central License – Annual turnover above INR.20.00 Crores.
Check List of Documents:
- Form B – completed and signed.
- Photo Identity of FBO.
- Proof of possession of premises (eg. Rental Agreement )
- Partnership Deed / Certificate of Incorporation / Articles of Association etc
- List of food products to be dealt with.
- Food safety management system plan.
- PAN of the business owner.
- Aadhaar of the business owner.
- Mobile number.
- Email ID.
- Address of the office with PIN.