Government e Marketplace – GeM
The Indian government introduced the Government E–Marketplace ‘GeM’ in August 2016 as an end-to-end online marketplace to facilitate online procurement of common use goods and services required by central and state government ministries, departments, public sector undertakings, autonomous institutions, organizations.
Government e-Marketplace Registration GeM is a short form of one-stop Government e-Market Place hosted by DGS&D where common user goods and services can be procured. GeM is dynamic, self-sustaining and user-friendly portal for making procurement by Government officers.
Public procurement forms a very important part of Government activity and reform in Public Procurement is one of the top priorities of the present Government. Government e-Marketplace (GeM – gem.gov.in) is a very bold step of the Government with the aim to transform the way in which procurement of goods and services is done by the Government Ministries and Departments, Public Sector Undertakings and other apex autonomous bodies of the Central Government.
GeM Advantages for Buyers
- Provide transparency and ease of buying.
- Offers rich listing of products for individual category of goods/services.
- Direct purchase for amounts up to INR 25,000.00.
- L1 purchase for amounts greater than INR 25,000.00 and less than INR 5 Lakhs.
- Proprietary Article Certificate Bid- Procurement of specific product as per requirement.
- Price Trends and Price Comparison from Multiple Suppliers.
- Direct notifications to sellers.
- Integrated Payment System.
- Easy to comprehend interface to search, compare, select and buy.
- User friendly dashboard for monitoring supplies and payments.
- Online grievance redressal mechanism for quick resolution.
- Float bid among population of 3 lakhs sellers.
- Buyers can now select bid duration between 10 & 21 days.
- Delivery period up to 180 days.
- Option to provide multiple consignee locations and quantity.
- Multiple consignees can be selected for Services.
- Pin-code based seller selection for Direct Purchase Mode.
- ATC library available for addition of terms and conditions.
- Additional Deductions can be applied by buyers at the time of bill generation.
- Notification to buyers regarding:
- expiry of DP (Delivery Period) for the contract.
- Initiation of cancellation of contract in case of non-delivery by sellers.
- Buyer during technical evaluation can make a MSE seller eligible or ineligible for MSE purchase preference.
- Now buyers get the option to cancel the Product contract(s) even if the invoice has been generated by seller provided 15 days have expired from delivery period.
- 11 Banks have enabled GeM Pool Account.
- To improve fair participation in Bid / RA, GeM now ensures that at least 3 sellers have participated and offered products from at least 2 different OEMs. In case buyer wants to proceed with less than 3 Resellers or two OEMs/Brand, they have to upload approval from Competent Authority.
GeM Advantages for Sellers
- Access to National Public Procurement market.
- No charges or fee for getting registered.
- Special provisions and sections for startups, MSMEs and Emporium products.
- Fully online, paperless and contactless platform.
- A list of prerequisites for the seller registration has been made available so that it becomes a guide to the seller during registration.
- Brand application and brand approval process has been revamped for sellers.
- Multiple invoice for single order.
- Easy access to participate in bids/reverse auction.
- Clock has been enabled in RA to display remaining time for seller participation.
- Online grievance redressal mechanism for quick resolution.
- All sellers will be shown reasons for rejection.
- Seller friendly dashboard for monitoring supplies & payments.
- Business Cockpit has been enhanced with additional parameters in existing report as well as new chart widgets based on OEM and MAIT recommendations.
- Seller belonging to North East states and J & K are exempted from ITR at the time of bid participation.
- Dynamic Pricing- Price can be changed based on market conditions.
- Direct access to Government departments and their organizations.
- Listing of products for individual, prescribed categories of Goods / Services of common use.
- Look, estimate, compare and buying facility on dynamic pricing basis.
- Market place buying of majority of common User Items.
- Buying Goods and Services online, as and when required.
- Single window system for aggregating demands and ordering.
- Transparency and ease of buying.
- Useful for low value buying and also for bulk buying at competitive price using Reverse Auction/ e-bidding.
- Continuous vendor rating system.
- User friendly dash board for buying and monitoring supplies and payments.
- Return policy.
How to make purchase on GeM
- Sign Up using the link https://gem.gov.in/register/buyer/signup. On completion of verification, Login as Primary user/HoD in GeM portal and create secondary users (Buyer/Consignee/PAO/DDO) after clicking on Manage users tab available in Dashboard.
- Buyer to login to GeM portal. Select and cart the product as per the requirement through application of various filters. Buyers should apply filters carefully to define their requirement without adversely affecting competitiveness. Select the proper buying method as per the GFR-149.
- Create demand — Generate Sanction order — Generate contract. Once order is placed, Seller to deliver the Goods/ Services to consignee within stipulated delivery date and generate on-line invoice on GeM portal.
- Consignee to login after receipt of Items. Generation of Provisional receipt Certificate (PRC) within 48 hrs of receipt of stores. Generation of Consignee Receipt and Acceptance Certificate (CRAC) within 10 days of receipt of stores.
- Bill processing by buyer (within 2 days of generation of CRAC by consignee) — Bill to be forwarded to PFMS by DDO within 1 day of on-line receipt of bill from Buyer against e-signed Consignee’s Receipt and Acceptance Certificate (CRAC) (In case of central government organizations paying through PFMS) — Payment to be made by PAO from PFMS within 2 days of receipt of bill from DDO (total time limit for payment is 10 days from date of generation of CRAC). Or Buyer to forward all documents for payment to Paying Authority and Payment to be released by Paying Authority / PAO within 10 days of generation of Consignee’s Receipt (In case of users paying through SBI e-pay or Other mode of Payment.)
How to sell on GeM?
- To sell on GeM, Register yourself on the GeM portal.
- List your products under specific product categories.
- Once an order is received, deliver the product to the Consignee duly entering its details on the portal.
- Once an order is successfully delivered, Consignee shall inspect / test the product for its conformity with contract specifications and issue acceptance / rejection through on-line CRAC.
- After CRAC, buyer will process the bill and forward to paying authority for time bound payments
The prerequisites for primary user registration are:
- Aadhaar number of the user.
- Mobile number which is linked with Aadhaar.
- Email ids hosted by NIC, only NIC registered Email ids are allowed, this would facilitate users from all 1600+ domains to freely register and transact on GeM.
- Verifying authority details such as name, mobile number and NIC registered email id.
Note: In case the user does not have an email id which is hosted by NIC s/he would be directed to open GeM buyer id email.”
Checklist of documents:
|Proprietorship||Partnership Firm / LLP||Company||Trust / Society|
|PAN Card||Company PAN||Company PAN||Company PAN|
|Aadhaar Copy||Aadhaar Copy (Key Person)||Aadhaar Copy (Key Person)||Aadhaar Copy (Key Person)|
|GST Certificate||GST Certificate||GST Certificate||GST Certificate|
|MSME Certificate (if have)||MSME Certificate (if have)||MSME Certificate (if have)||MSME Certificate (if have)|
|Bank Account Details||Bank Account Details||Bank Account Details||Bank Account Details|
|–||Director PAN Card (Key Person)||Director PAN Card (Key Person)||Director PAN Card (Key Person)|
The Steps for Starting Selling on GeM Portal are broadly as follows
- Business Registration.
- Tax Registration.
- Bank Account Link.
- GeM Registration.
- E-Sign Terms and Conditions.
- Begin Selling.
#ganashri #GeM #msme #NSIC #registration #bangalore