Part – 2 – Continued…
GeM Advantages for Sellers
- Access to National Public Procurement market.
- No charges or fee for getting registered.
- Special provisions and sections for startups, MSMEs and Emporium products.
- Fully online, paperless and contactless platform.
- A list of prerequisites for the seller registration has been made available so that it becomes a guide to the seller during registration.
- Brand application and brand approval process has been revamped for sellers.
- Multiple invoice for single order.
- Easy access to participate in bids/reverse auction.
- Clock has been enabled in RA to display remaining time for seller participation.
- Online grievance redressal mechanism for quick resolution.
- All sellers will be shown reasons for rejection.
- Seller friendly dashboard for monitoring supplies & payments.
- Business Cockpit has been enhanced with additional parameters in existing report as well as new chart widgets based on OEM and MAIT recommendations.
- Seller belonging to North East states and J & K are exempted from ITR at the time of bid participation.
- Dynamic Pricing- Price can be changed based on market conditions.
- Direct access to Government departments and their organizations.
How to sell on GeM?
- To sell on GeM, Register yourself on the GeM portal.
- List your products under specific product categories.
- Once an order is received, deliver the product to the Consignee duly entering its details on the portal.
- Once an order is successfully delivered, Consignee shall inspect / test the product for its conformity with contract specifications and issue acceptance / rejection through on-line CRAC.
- After CRAC, buyer will process the bill and forward to paying authority for time bound payments
Please make sure your profile is 100% up with the following:
- PAN validation.
- Company details.
- Office Locations.
- Bank account details.
- eInvoice declaration.
- MSME / Udyam update.
- Startup details.
- Tax Assessment.
- DoE Order compliance.
Checklist of documents:
- Mobile number.
- Email ID.
- PAN copy of the key person.
- Aadhaar copy of the key person.
- Company details and locations.
- GST Registration certificate.
- Bank Account details.
- MSME / Udyam Registration certificate.
- Startup India registration certificate.
“This document is issued in the general interest of knowledge transfer purpose only and it cannot be construed in any other manner whatsoever.”
** Updated as of 4th February 2021.