- Income Tax Returns for the FY 2018-19:The time limit for filing of original as well as revised income-tax returns for the FY 2018-19 has been extended to 31st July, 2020.
- Income Tax Returns for FY 2019-20: The time limit for filing of income tax return for the FY 2019-20 (AY 2020-21) has been extended to 30th November, 2020. The date for furnishing tax audit (U/s 44AB) report has also been extended to 31st October, 2020.
- Time limit for investments u/s 80C: The due date for making various investment for claiming deduction under Chapter-VIA-B of the IT Act which includes section 80C, 80D, 80G etc. has also been extended to 31st July, 2020.
- Time for investments, etc. for deduction u/s 54 to 54GB extended: The date for making investment/ construction/ purchase for claiming roll over benefit/ deduction in respect of capital gains under sections 54 to 54GB of the IT Act has also been further extended to 30th September, 2020.
- Time Limit for furnishing of the TDS/ TCS statements and issuance of TDS/ TCS certificates extended: The furnishing of the TDS/ TCS statements and issuance of TDS/ TCS certificates being the prerequisite for enabling the taxpayers to prepare their return of income for FY 2019-20, the date for furnishing of TDS/ TCS statements and issuance of TDS/ TCS certificates in Form 16 or Form 16A pertaining to the FY 2019-20 has been extended to 31st July, 2020 and 15th August, 2020 respectively.
- Interest u/s 234A: Waiver of interest u/s 234A in cases where self-assessment tax is up to INR.1.00 Lakhs.
Please refer the enclosed gazette notification: CG-DL-E-24062020-220145 / dated 24th June 2020.Notification Number- 35- 2020 – 24th June 2020