- GST input credit is now depending upon GSTR 2A / 2B, i.e., GST input credit on purchases can be allowed only when our vendor’s give credit to us in our GST Account (GSTR 2A / 2B).
- One can’t file GSTR -1, if not filed GSTR-3B for the previous month.
- Aadhaar authentication is compulsory for filing refund and application for revocation of cancellation of registration.
- Commissioner can pass order of Provisional Attachment of property / bank account of the taxable person to protect Government revenues.
- Recovery of self-assessed tax can be made without show cause notice, if there is difference between GSTR 1 and GSTR 3B.
- New Harmonized System (HS) Nomenclature (HS-2022) shall come into effect (D.O.F. No. 524 /11/2021-STO(TU) / Dated 20th December 2021).
- There is a change in GSTR portal.
- GST rates on fabrics and apparel has been increased to 12% from 5%.
- Change in definition of “Supply” – Section 7 (1) (aa) the activities or transactions, by a person, other than an individual, to its members or constituents or vice-versa, for cash, deferred payment or other valuable consideration.
* Updated as of 8th January 2022.
** Please keep in touch with your tax consultant / adviser for any further clarification.
*** This document has been issued in the general interest of knowledge transfer purpose and it cannot be construed in any other manner whatsoever.